Monday, March 4, 2013

The horror…The tragedy….the 1200 calorie fiet.

What started out as a typo, quickly has become the best way to describe any diet.  The fiet. The combination of f’ing and diet into one.  There is no better way to describe the way anyone feels about being on a fiet. And if you say you love the fiet you are on….I am not outright calling you a liar…..but….I think we both know that no fiet is exciting.

For any food lover, the mention of being on a fiet is tragic.  Ok, so maybe you will feel better at a lighter weight, maybe it is most awesome to buy smaller clothes and maybe your health will see some benefits.  But….cutting back on delicious food?  AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.  I love food.  All kinds. Mostly those with melty cheese, butter and snack foods with dips (Paula Dean I love you). So the thought of not being able to eat those things can swiftly throw me into a depression.  I know there are many fiets out there right now where people are finding success: Atkins, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Zone, Jenny Craig.  But I don’t want to cut ANYTHING that I love out.  Carbs? I love you. Cheese? I may love you more. Chips? You and I were meant to be. I will not even entertain the idea of eating only boiled chicken, fish and steamed vegetables, so any fiet that is suggesting this way of eating need not apply.  So Jan 2013 marked the kick-off of another fiet.  Which fiet did we choose you ask?  (drum roll) The 1200 calorie Pinterest fiet.

Pinterest.  If you have yet to spend hours scanning through pictures of food, you have no idea what you are missing.  There is currently a list of about 165 foods that are waiting to be “researched” for the fiet. And every day more are added. So far, there have been some most delicious dinners made that have tricked our taste buds into thinking they are real food, when in fact they are fiet (wait for the baked taco blog-it will blow your mind)!!  Yaaaay!! The best thing about the Pinterest fiet is that nobody has said that you can’t go splurge with a day off here and there.  So we are formally giving permission. Apple fritter cake? Yes please. A brownie with cheesecake and cookie dough?  Sure why not? I applaud you 50 different versions of grilled cheese! Some sort of calorie tracking tool does help so at any time you can see how many glorious calories you have left during a specific day.  And how many more you get to eat if you exercise. Myfitnespal is a great one, don’t even get me started on how fun the little scanner deal phone app is for adding in food to your diary. I may or may not have gone up and down the Target chip aisle to test it….

For those of you that enjoy exercising just for the sake of exercising….we are so so so very different.  Exercise is a means to be able to eat MORE food.  So if I want to plan on having that ice cream later and I am running short on calories….exercise it is.  Whatever motivates you right?  I am not bashing those that exercise, but I do it for one reason and one reason only.  More calories. I can’t suffer through the strenuous activity just to say I worked out.  I suffer through it with the vision of dessert or extra cheese.

I don’t want to give the wrong impression that this is a fiet blog though.  There will be times when we discuss the most delicious food and snacks that we have come across that are so far from being fiet friendly (Bob and Jillian plug your ears) because…..IT IS DELICIOUS!  That saying of “eat to live don’t live to eat” is crazy talk to me.  It should be both.  Enjoy food, love it, savor it, look forward to indulging in it.  Even if it means you have to be on your best fiet behavior the rest of the week.  It is soooo worth it.

Don’t worry, we will make sure to designate food as being fiet or non-fiet friendly. For now, I am off to eat a peanut butter cup snow blitz.  Suck on that fiet, I ran for 30 min today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment